San Diego Car Accident Lawyer
Crudo Law in San Diego has been representing car accident victims since 1975. Our team of experienced personal injury lawyers understand California’s complex legal system and will fight for you to receive maximum compensation if you’ve been injured in a car or truck accident. The first step after you’ve been in an accident is to contact Crudo Law at (858) 622-7280 so that an attorney can review your case.
California Car Accident Law
The complexities of California’s vehicle accident laws makes it perilous for a crash victim to try to navigate the system on their own. San Diego accident victims need legal representation to ensure they receive the full compensation they are entitled to under the law. We take all the complications of the legal system on our shoulders, so you and your loved ones can focus on recovery from the accident.
- Fault-Based California Insurance: The state of California uses a fault-based system for car accidents. Every driver is required to have minimal bodily injury insurance coverage and property damage coverage (minimums are $15,000 per person/$30,000 per accident/$5,000 property). Following a car or truck crash, the injured party must file a claim with that at-fault party’s insurance provider. In certain circumstances, injured parties can also file a lawsuit.
- California Liability Laws: Even if a crash victim is partly at fault for an accident, they may still be eligible to recover some financial losses. California uses a rule called comparative negligence, which means if a crash was 20% your fault, your damage recovery amount can be reduced by up to 20%.
- California Statute of Limitations: The clock begins ticking on the day a car accident happens. You have two years from the date of an accident to file a bodily injury claim, or three years if filing a claim for property damages only.
California Car Accident Compensation
The amount of damages done in a car accident can far exceed the value of just the vehicles involved. A neck injury or back injury can impact you for the rest of your life. This is why you need an experience lawyer to properly calculate an appropriate amount to claim, and to fight for your right to receive that compensation. The following things can be included on a damage claim in San Diego:
- Medical bills, including future medical bills & expenses
- Lost wages
- Temporary or permanent disability accommodations
- Pain and suffering
- Repair or replacement of vehicle
- Emotional distress
- Lost enjoyment of life
- Punitive damages
- Wrongful death damages
Contact a San Diego Car Accident Lawyer
If you have lost a loved one or suffered significant injuries in a car or truck crash, you could be entitled to a significant financial recovery. The best way to determine the amount of compensation you are entitled to is by consulting with an accident attorney at Crudo Law in San Diego. Call us to set up your initial consultation at (858) 622-7280. One of our attorneys will review your case to determine the potential amount we will be able to recover for you.